Join Kevin Johnson on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTajikistanGulomjon is a 33-year-old who is from Mastchoh region. He is engaged in farming, animal breeding, and additionally earns from building houses, but his main income flows fro...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneMusa is a 41-year-old father of three children ages 21, 17 and 14. Musa sells food as his business. He started the business to be independent and to financially support his...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello Kiva community! Eileen is the mother of lovely children and is a rural smallholder farmer from the Kericho area of Kenya. She is married to a fellow farmer.
Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorInes owns a tortilla business that she started five years ago. Her most frequent customers are neighbours. She works two shifts - one very early in the morning, and one at ...Read their story >
- RetailSenegalThe group called “Calebasse de l émergence 16” is composed of ten women living in the same neighborhood who are active in the commercial sector. Its representative is Ms. N...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kevin Johnson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,729 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.