Join Kerryn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanZhyrgalbek is 41, married, and a father of five school-age and preschool-age children. He has a higher education and has been farming for over 20 years. He currently has th...Read their story >
- Food MarketPalestineAisha is a 47-year-old Palestinian woman from a city beside Nablus, and is the mother of 6 children.
She has had her own food market for 5 years and will use the...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanThis young, 23-year-old woman named Matlubakhon lives in the city of Qurgonteppa with her husband and his family. Her husband works for a local mobile communications compan...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSary’s group lives in a rural village in Pursat province in Cambodia. Sary makes a living cultivating rice and she also does extra work as a motorcycle driver to support he...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneKama is 39 years old and married with five children. She runs a table business in the Aberdeen branch in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Kama has a table at a busy marke...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kerryn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,908 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.