Join Kerryn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneAdama is a 31-year-old mother. She is a group leader, is often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing a group of four members in Lion Sister. Adama...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCatherine has had to overcome a lot of difficulty in her life. However, with her perseverance and determination, she has always had the courage to move ahead. In fact, she ...Read their story >
- TransportationEl SalvadorRonnald studied through the ninth grade. He is in a relationship and has a business of providing transportation services with the use of his vehicle and a motorcycle taxi....Read their story >
- Home AppliancesTajikistanAbdumalik was a person born for business. He has his own business in the city Isfara. Abdumalik has a car from maker "OPEL." He works transporting passengers. He has hi...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaMama is 37 years old. She lives together with her partner along with 4 children, ranging in age from 6 through 18. They all live at home while in school. Mama earns her liv...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kerryn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,639 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.