Join Kaytlyn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaGetrude is married and has three children. She operates a retail business selling clothes, which she has been doing for four years. Her business is located in a good area a...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StoreRwandaJean Marie Vianney is a 36-year-old, married father with two children. He has operated a general store business for the past year and a half. He works everyday from 8 a.m. ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaLurwanu is a maize farmer from Tukurwa village. Lurwanu is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan,...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Charcoal SalesKenyaKenneth is a married man with 2 children. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a retail business where he sells charcoal. He has been involved in this business fo...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PigsColombiaJuan is just 24 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. He’s a young man who has big dreams and he works hard to accomplish them. He works raising pigs and gro...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Kaytlyn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,784 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.