She has worked in mortar preparation at home ...Read their story >
Join Kaytlyn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesLebanonRanda is a Lebanese married woman, born in 1964, living with her husband in their own house in Aley, Mount Lebanon.
She has worked in mortar preparation at home ...Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance
- FarmingKenyaCharles is 52 years old, married, and blessed with five children.
His spouse supports him in generating income. This is his third loan with VisionFund Kenya; he ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- FoodPhilippinesAs a married parent of two children, Victoria works hard to support her family. She has a business of selling eggs in the Philippines, but she also earns additional income...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- TransportationPakistanSumaira is a 28 year old married woman. The man shown in the photo is her husband, who is a van driver by profession. He drives in the main city and makes enough income to ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- SewingTajikistanLutfiya lives and works in the city of Dushanbe. She is married and has a son, daughter, a daughter-in-law and a grandson. She is a happy mother and grandmother. Lutfiya ha...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Kaytlyn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,607 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.