Join Kay on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoGuadalupe is originally from the state of Querétaro, but she now lives in Distrito Federal with her husband Gregorio. In order to help with the family finances, she works ...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaMetllail is a mother and the head of her household. She is 34 years old, single and lives with her 3 children. She studied as far as eighth grade.
In 2010, her ...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSokha is a 29 year-old mother and has two children. Currently, she is living with her beloved husband and family in Steung Treng province. She and her husband have been wor...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaNak is a 28-year-old married woman and a resident of Tbaung Khmum Province. She has two children. One child is in school and the other one is still too young. She has be...Read their story >
- FarmingVietnamMrs. Linh is 38 years old and of the Kinh ethnic people. She is living with her husband, her two daughters and her son in Mai Son district, Son La province.
The ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kay, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,660 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.