Join Kay on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Vehicle RepairsMozambiqueClotilde is a 31-year-old retailer. She is married and the mother of three children, of whom two are in primary school and one is in secondary school. She lives in a house ...Read their story >
- ServicesKenyaTom is a married man. He has 4 children. He describes himself to be focused. He operates a mpesa business where he offers mobile phone based money transfer services. He has...Read their story >
- General StoreUkraineAlexander is an entrepreneur from the village of Bukove. His runs his own store, located in his house, and he sells all kinds of goods necessary in the village: food prod...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEgyptTaha is 27, married, and has one son. He has a grocery store business. He is requesting this loan to buy some grocery products such as rice, pasta, chips, sweets and oil to...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliMariama is the woman holding the sheep’s horns. She is a livestock farmer, married, and the mother of six children (three girls and three boys), of whom one boy is in schoo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kay, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,523 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.