Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailLebanonRaed is a hardworking 26-year-old. He is married and is the father of one child. He has been working as a blacksmith and has thirteen years of experience since he had to st...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- General StoreColombiaMarlon is a 27-year-old micro businessman who lives with his partner in Cartagena de Indias. He set up his business when faced with a difficult financial situation- he foun...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- General StorePhilippinesJocelyn is 38 years old and married with one child, and she works very hard to provide for her family.
Jocelyn runs a general store in the Philippines, and she h...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- RetailPalestineRami is a married man living in Rafah, Gaza Strip. Rami started his business 4 years ago. He sells pet birds for a living. The blockaded strip is experiencing very hard eco...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- FarmingNigeriaGabriel, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kanakargo village. Gabriel is a meticulous farmer who has invested time a...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,001 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.