Her husband has been running his own business of clothe...Read their story >
Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPakistanBushra is a 35-year-old woman living with her husband and five children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
Her husband has been running his own business of clothe...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesAimee is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with two children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 25,000 loan through NWTF in order to...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- AgricultureTajikistanMuslima is from the Jomi district. The village where she lives is called Nakhimov. Nakhimov is an old village, where almost everybody works in agriculture. And celebrates...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Food Production/SalesParaguayAida is 52 years old. She is the mother of 3 children, who she and her husband have helped get ahead through their sacrifice. She is the owner of a buffet service in her ho...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Air ConditioningNicaraguaMarvin is 41 years old. He is a hard-working man, a loving, responsible, and dedicated father. Marvin created a business 12 years ago in which he repairs air conditioners w...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,514 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.