Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingUgandaRobert is 44 years old, married, and has children who attend school. He lives in Kamwenge, Uganda. He practices farming to earn a living, and with the proceeds, he has been...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- TailoringGhanaFelicia, in the right-hand corner of this picture, is the leader and group representative of the Twifo Traders No. 4 Group. She comes from Twifo Praso in the Central Region...Read their story >Funding via ASA Initiative FNGO
- PigsPhilippinesFlorencia has a hog raising business. She has been raising hogs for six years now. This is her main source of income. She is married woman and has five children, one of who...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Internet CafePalestineAhmad is a 20-year-old single man from Jenin. Ahmad supports his family and himself. He has a small entertainment center which contains computers and playstations. His busi...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- ServicesMalawiTriza is 25 years old and lives on the beautiful Likoma Island on Lake Malawi in East Africa. Likoma is extremely underdeveloped, with no paved roads, very few motor vehicl...Read their story >Funding via Zoona International
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,228 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.