Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorDiana is 37 years old. She lives with her husband and their three children. Her husband is a farmer and cultivates the cornfield for the consumption of the family.
Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TransportationTanzaniaJumanne is in his mid 40's, married, and has three schooling children. He operates a commercial motorbike that provides transport services to support his family. He's been ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- TailoringPakistanFareeda is a 45-year-old married woman. She has three children and lives in a town of Sheikhupura, Pakistan. She is striving hard to support them by providing food, educati...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- General StoreColombiaYesica is just 25 years old and lives in the municipality of Concordia. She’s a very young woman with a small daughter who is the one who motivates her to be better each da...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Medical ExpensesLebanonRihab is a 26-year-old married mother of one child, who has been working as a teacher for the past seven years. She is a hardworking lady supporting her husband in covering...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,928 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.