Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorElmer has high school education thanks to his parents. He is married and his wife has a small shop. They have 2 small children. Elmer makes a living in agriculture. He lear...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- RickshawPakistanSamina Talib is a 38-year-old married woman living with her seven children and spouse in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband is a driver by profession who provides tr...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- PigsPhilippinesVeronica is 57 years old and married with four children. She earns a living by pig fattening business in the Philippines. Veronica is borrowing PHP 15000 through NWTF to b...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaFrancine is 59 years old and is married with children. Due to her experience and background, Francine was nominated as the group leader for Abisunganye. Francine is holdin...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- Clothing SalesPakistanShabana is a 36-year-old woman living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a mother of three married children and two unmarried children. She runs a wome...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,376 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.