Join Katy on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)At the further left in the second row of the picture is our featured borrower of Inn Du-2(A) Village Group, Maung. He is 36 years old and has been farming since he was youn...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Kun Pa Laing – 1 (A) is a lending group from Dedaye, a township in the delta region of Myanmar. It is a village with 330 households and most of the villagers’ income comes ...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Seik Gyi (D) Village Group has six loan clients, Than, Kyaw, Soe, Nay, Nyunt and Aung. They live in Seik Gyi, a village located in Kunyangone Township, Myanmar. With this l...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanNagzigul was born and raised in the city of Qurgan-Tube. She is married to a taxi driver and is the mother of two children. She has been sewing women's dresses for the pa...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanRukhsana, age 39, is a homemaker who lives in Lahore with her spouse and their three sons. She is pictured with her husband and his auto rickshaw. He supports the family by...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Katy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,486 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.