Join Kathleen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsVietnamMrs. Khuong, born in 1960 is the Kinh ethnic majority woman, and has been joining in the program of M7-MFI since 2013. She is living with her husband in Mai Son district, S...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
- Clothing SalesEcuadorSilvia is 42-years-old and married with three children who are 19, 16, and 14 years old. All of her children study in high school and university and her husband is a chauff...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)47 year old Than is married and a father of two children (in the middle of the picture).
Farming and raising livestock are the main sources of financial income f...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorJennifer is 29 years old and is in a common-law marriage, from which she has two children, ages 9 and 8, who are both in school. They live in the city of Manta, which is kn...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- RetailBurundiFréderic belongs to Twaje group and lives in Bujumbura. He is 48 years old and married to Vénérande, a farmer. Together they have six children between the ages of 4 and 1...Read their story >Funding via Turame Community Finance
Kiva lenders, like Kathleen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,171 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.