Join Karen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaMeet Gauku (pictured above in her house). She is a positive mother and a hardworking farmer from the Nkubu region. She has lovely children and lives with her husband and pa...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRosemary is a small holder farmer practicing mixed farming to provide for her family. Her family is composed of herself, her husband and lovely children. She enjoys farming...Read their story >
- Plastics SalesGuatemalaThe Duo Via Argentina group includes Zulma Lorena, who is 35 years old and is the mother of a daughter, who studies and is younger. Zulma is dedicated to selling Tupperware...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanLubna is a 47-year-old woman, living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a mother of five children. She runs a women's fancy clothing sales business in ...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanFarhodjon is a man of the age of 33 years. He lives in a rural area, is married and has three children that are dependent on him.
Since his youth, Farhodjon bre...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Karen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,666 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.