Join Justin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationColombiaJosé is an enterprising man who is 46 years old. He works as a store manager for a company that provides grocery services. José saw the opportunity to start his own cargo...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesVirgie is a married woman and a resident of Carles, Iloilo, where fishing is their main source of income. Like the other people in her community, she and her husband are do...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorVilma, 37 years old, is partnered and has two children of whom one is working and the other studies. Her life partner works in agriculture.
Vilma works selling ...Read their story >
- Animal SalesUgandaAlex is a repeat client of the institution. He is married with six children, four attending school.
Alex's businesses are trading goats and coffee, which he has ...Read their story >
- PoultryGuatemalaJuan formed this group, Dúo Altas Cumbres. He works raising chickens. He has done this for more than six years and he sells his chickens from his house.
Juan wa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Justin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,423 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.