Join Justin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreLebanonTherese, a 53-year-old woman, lives with her husband in an owned apartment in Bourj Hamoud. In 2000, she established her own grocery store where she sells canned food, choc...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonMarcel is 31, a young man and the father of five children, who are in school. He has been living in a local village for years with his family. He manages a cacao field he i...Read their story >
- Plastics SalesNicaraguaAngélica is a tenacious 27-year-old woman who has a 9-year-old son and is pregnant with another child. She has been selling plastic products for 5 years.
She se...Read their story >
- Used ClothingMadagascarNoroharivelo is really happy because her prior loan has helped her to diversify the selection of used clothing for sale at her stand and to offer a larger choice to her cus...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaPaul is a Kiva borrower with three children who describes himself as determined. He operates a retail business where he has sold clothes for five years. His business is loc...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Justin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,647 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.