Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingCameroonModeste is a 36-year-old man who lives in a common-law marriage and has no children. He is a merchant in a district in town and manages his store very well. For some time n...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesArmela is 43 years old and has three children. Armela is married and two of her children are currently in school.
Armela is in the agricultural business, farmin...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndiaMinaben, 29, is a very diligent woman and a resident of the Morbi district of Gujarat, India. She is married and has a household of 5 members.
Miaben wishes to ...Read their story >
- RetailPakistanZubaida is a 47-year-old woman and the responsible mother of six children. She has been selling bed sheets at her home for seven years. Her husband has a small spare parts ...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesMarydith is 54 years old and married with three children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy-and-sell charcoal business in the Philippines a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,672 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.