Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonPakistanRobina, 39 years old, is a working women and runs a small beauty parlor at her home. She lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She has been running this business f...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanGulnoz, 38, is an ambitious woman with a high potential. She is married and has four children. Gulnoz and her family live in Adrasmon. Gulnoz sells goods at the local marke...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanBano Bibi is a 51-year-old house wife. She lives in Lahore, Pakistan. She is a mother of four children. Her husband works in a factory at a low wage rate and her son owns ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Fuel/FirewoodKenyaTeresia is a happily married lady who lives in Eldoret with her husband and five children. Her husband is called Reuben. He is a businessman, and she is business lady who i...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FarmingSamoaLopeta is 66 years old, with 7 children. She operates a business of selling banana and taro in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this for more than a year....Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,154 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.