Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesCecilia works hard to support her family. Cecilia is married and has a general store business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 20000 loan through NWTF to purchase a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Farm SuppliesCambodiaCHANDA is 28 years old and married with one child. He lives with his wife and a child in Doung Village, Tong Rong Village, Prey Chhor Commune, Kampong Cham District, where ...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL)
- RetailUkraineYaroslav is a market entrepreneur from Vinogradovo, Western Ukraine. He sells flowers in a local marketplace. Yaroslav has been in this trade for the last 10 years. He is s...Read their story >Funding via Hope Ukraine
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Nelly is 59 years old, widow with four children. Ma. Nelly works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 11,000...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- AgricultureEcuadorAna is 33 years old and has three children. She lives with her wife in the city of San Miguel. She earns a living selling vegetables in the city of Chimbo, growing potatoes...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,100 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.