Read their story >
Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesUkraineNeonila is a widow. She has two daughters. Neonila has a good business; she sells women's clothes. Neonila lives with one of her daughters in a small apartment.
Read their story >Funding via Hope Ukraine
- FoodMaliManssirou is holding the can and milk packets in his hand in the photo.
He is a 36 year old Malian. He did not go to school. He is married and is the father of t...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Higher education costsPalestineAhmad, who appears in the photo, is 24 years old and is from Bethlehem city in the West Bank. He has one adorable child and he is trying his utmost to provide him all the t...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- FarmingEl SalvadorJosé, 50 years old, is married and his wife takes care of the household tasks and his children depend on them both.
José works in agriculture in the winter and...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Home EnergyNicaraguaCamilo is married and has a son. Camilo learned to read only thanks to a literacy program impulsed by the government when he was younger. Currently, Camilo works growing be...Read their story >Funding via TECNOSOL
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,127 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.