Join Julie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanShukurbek is a married and has a little child. He is a very hardworking and kind man. Shukurbek was born in 1984. He works in a state organization and he is the main feeder...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- TailoringPhilippinesCatalino is 43 years old, married with four school-aged children and lives in Banadero, Ozamiz City. His wife earns income with her eatery services business and Catalino ow...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorPedro is 75 years old and studied up to fourth grade. He is married and his wife is a housewife. Together they have nine children, none of them still live with them, only t...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StoreKenyaPamela is a married lady aged 39 years. She lives in Muhoroni and she is a business lady.
Pamela is a shopkeeper who likes her job. She wakes up very early to se...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Fish SellingSierra LeoneRamatu is a widowed, a mother of 5 children age 27, 25, 22, 16 and 10. She is a group leader and the borrower, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is repr...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,766 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.