Join SonomaLass on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamHoa is 37 years old and she is married. She has operated a food stall/restaurant selling fruit for more than 10 years. Hoa lives in Thieu Hoa district, a rural town in T...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- FarmingKenyaViolet is a 31-year-old farmer, from the remote village of Maili Nane, situated in the Rift valley province of Kenya. The living conditions in this area are tough because t...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Beauty SalonColombiaLuz Nery, 31, lives with her partner and runs a business providing in-home manicures and pedicures. She also has hair care and styling knowledge but has not been able to b...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Cosmetics SalesPakistanSanobar is a 45-year-old woman, residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a mother of 2 children. Her husband is the guardian of the family and responsible for fulfilling th...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Beauty SalonEcuadorSonia, 39, is married with two daughters, Daira, 22, and Solange, 18, who attend school. Her husband is a mechanic. Twenty years ago, she decided to open a little beauty sa...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
Kiva lenders, like SonomaLass, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,041 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.