Join Judy Webster on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesMadagascarRoger is 43 and married, his wife assists him in stock taking. They have one child, who is already married. Roger has been buying clothes for resale since 2008. He has a fi...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorMaría says that, with the credit she was previously lent, she was able to invest in the improvement of the store. With this, she has generated income that has helped to res...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorWendy is 27 years old, her husband works in agriculture, and she has three children.
Wendy has a business selling clothing, she learned the business from her mo...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaAnn lives in the Limuru area of Kenya. Her desire to get ahead is admirable because, despite her age and the obstacles she has experienced, she doesn't reduce her efforts t...Read their story >
- Spare PartsPhilippinesPaquito from the village of Sta. Maria, Isabela. He is married with two children. He has been engaged in motorcycle repairs and sales of motorcycle parts for almost 2 years...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,058 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.