Jua...Read their story >
Join Judy Webster on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEl SalvadorJuan was only able to attend school through the first grade. He is married, and his wife takes care of the home. His children are now grown and live apart.
Jua...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanMurodbegim is 47 years old. She lives with her husband and their one son.
For over 10 years, Murodbegim has worked on the farm with her husband. Her son is a la...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaBibiana works selling merchandise, a job she started because she likes to work on her own. She discovered this when she was a student and sold things to her friends. She ...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesMadagascarRamananjanahary thanks Kiva lenders for their confidence in granting him the prior loan. That loan allowed him to go out and acquire charcoal himself from the people who ma...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaYennys , 59, is an energetic woman with a winner mentality. She started her business with her sister, and in the time it transformed into a family business.
It a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Judy Webster, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,687 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.