Join Martin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHello Kiva community! Meet Harrison, a smallholder farmer from a remote village in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. He’s a happily married smallholder farmer with a beautiful fa...Read their story >
- DairyPakistanSafia was living a tough life some years ago; it was very difficult to bear her household expenditures. She then decided to start a small livestock business for milk sellin...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorJosé went to school up to the second grade. He is in a relationship, and his partner works taking care of the domestic chores. His children are minors and still live at hom...Read their story >
- Electronics SalesPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is a 23 year old from Gaza Strip. He is a single young man who lives with his parents; he tries so hard to provide his family with all t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAnnah, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 9 farmers in Kimilili District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2006 ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Martin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,927 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.