Join Joseph Pousada on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Natural MedicinesKosovoShyqerije is a 63-year-old woman who comes from the Ashkali minority community. She is a loving woman with a very positive character and is a mother of 3 children. Her hus...Read their story >
- Food StallLiberiaMeet Annie. She is 42 years old. She lives together with her partner and four children. The ages of Annie children are 14 through 21. They are all grown up and lived on the...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneMeet Fatmata; she is a 30-year-old from Aberdeen Western area in Sierra Leone who is married with one child. For eight years now, Fatmata has operated her retail business ...Read their story >
- ConstructionMoldovaDmitrii is 36 years old and married with two children: a daughter of 10 years and a son of 3 years. He works as an expeditioner and his wife works as a medical assistant.
Read their story >
- Shoe SalesTajikistanIroda is very grateful to Kiva lenders for their support and care. She was able to increase her sales and receive a good profit. Now Iroda intends to buy seasonal shoes and...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joseph Pousada, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,753 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.