He w...Read their story >
Join Josean on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaThomas is 54 years old. He is married to Mary, who is also a farmer, and they are blessed with four children. He has had a dairy cow business for 25 years.
He w...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorNancy asked for the previous loan with the purpose of strengthen her business selling used clothing. En that moment it was a great help to her, but she decided to change ar...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaCheptoo is a caring, polite, and happy person. She lives in the Litein area of Kenya. Cheptoo has lovely children. She loves her family more than anything and works hard to...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaIbrahim is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest cement house with his family in Gora village. Previously, despite toiling for long hours on his farm...Read their story >
- ConstructionParaguayRoberto has a civil construction business and said he has good customers thanks to the excellent work he always does. He's been in business for many years and always strive...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Josean, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,789 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.