Join Josean on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJames, 57,is happily married and has two children.His wife assists him in the business and they live a comfortable life. He is a farmer by profession and likes his business...Read their story >
- Food StallNicaraguaVidal is a woman who sells food. She sells her products at the bus terminal in her city. She is very grateful to Kiva and MiCrédito for the loans they have given previously...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesMarites is a married woman with five children, three of whom are in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Marites is 37 years old.
She has a buy-and-se...Read their story >
- FarmingRwandaJean Damascene is a member of Twisungane Ryamatebura and is on his first loan through VisionFund Rwanda.
Since he received his last loan, his life has changed i...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaSarah resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Kericho, in the Rift valley region of Kenya. As the key breadwinner of her family, she has been practicing mixed farm...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Josean, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,665 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.