Join Jorin Cowley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaHalilu is a maize farmer from Damari village. Halilu is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Ha...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Personal PurchasesGuatemalaMaría says that thanks to the loan she was given previously she was able to do the construction that she needed and give her family better security and wellbeing. She is ab...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- AgriculturePeruErasmo is fifty years old and lives in the rural community of Sambumbal, inTabaconas, Peru. He lives there with his wife and their seven children, all of whom are under eig...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Norandino
- Clothing SalesPakistanViolet Merry, age 50, sells clothing to earn an income. She has been engaged in this work for several years, purchasing a variety of clothes in bulk quantities, and then se...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- AgriculturePhilippinesFedelina settled for a living in Delusom, Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur with her family. She is 60 years old and had six children.
She became a member of GDMPC and...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Jorin Cowley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,281 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.