Join Jorin Cowley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryEl SalvadorKeiry went to school through the ninth grade. She is in a relationship, and her life partner works on a project growing cashews and cacao. At this time they do not have c...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Higher education costsTajikistanBasgul was born in 1977. She is married and has two children. She is married. Basgul, for more than 18 years, has been working at the school. She is a great teacher. Basgul...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- ServicesKenyaClement is 40 years old married and is blessed with 2 children, both in school. He does plumbing and has borrowed a loan to purchase draining tools, sink machines, monument...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- Clothing SalesLebanonAbed is a 23-year-old single man who is employed in his brother's car spare parts shop to cover his needs and expenses. He is an ambitious young man and a hard worker who a...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- FoodKenyaVivian is a married mother of one child, who attends school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are school fees an...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
Kiva lenders, like Jorin Cowley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,874 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.