Roselyn runs a general store in the Philippines and ...Read their story >
Join Jordan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesRoselyn is 40 years old and married. With one child in school, Roselyn works very hard to provide for them.
Roselyn runs a general store in the Philippines and ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Farm SuppliesKenyaHarrison is a married man. He has 3 children. He describes himself to be industrious. He operates an agrovet where he sells seeds, fertilizer and other farm supplies. He ha...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineRushdi is 28-year-old man from Rafah, Gaza Strip. Rushdi works in the public sector where his income is very limited and unstable. He took a USD loan from FATEN to make som...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- CerealsKenyaHello Kiva community!
Happy, cheerful, expressive, and always with a smile on her face: that's Kiura, who works on her mixed farm. She started farming with the aim of...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJosphat is a happily married man, 30 years old. He lives in Bungoma and takes care of his family and his parents and educates his siblings. He is a hardworking motorbike tr...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Jordan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,607 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.