Susan has a manicure/pedicure service business in the Philippines. Susan requested a PHP 20,000 loan ...Read their story >
Join Jordan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesPhilippinesSusan is 54 years old and a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Susan has a manicure/pedicure service business in the Philippines. Susan requested a PHP 20,000 loan ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Charcoal SalesRwandaIldephonse is 44 years old and is married with children. Due to his experience and background, he was nominated as the group leader for TWIYUBAKE NYAMBARE. Ildephonse is t...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- General StoreKenyaMargaret is a married woman. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, flour, soap, milk and other items. Her busines...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Beauty SalonPakistanZubaida, age 52, operates a beauty parlor to earn an income. She specializes in makeover services, and she has many appreciative regular clients from her community. She has...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaIliya is a maize farmer from Jajaye village. Iliya is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Iliy...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Jordan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,969 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.