Join Jordan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community! Josephine is a small-holder farmer practicing dairy, sheep, poultry, and crop farming to make a living. She enjoys farming, for it is her means of se...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonBrazilThe Campestre Group has been a member of the Banco do Povo Crédito Solidários (BPCS) for four years. The members are friends and they live in the Diadema region. They are ...Read their story >
- ServicesCambodiaChamroen, 32, lives with her husband and three children in a rural village of the Kandal Stoeng district of Kandal province, Cambodia. Two of her children are in school, wh...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanBahromjon is a middle-aged man aged 38. He is married and has 2 children. His family consists of 4 people. Bahromjon is the breadwinner of his family and, in order to provi...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoIsabel is originally from the city of Veracruz. She is married to Jesús, but they are taking some time to be alone as a couple before having their first child. Isabel wor...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jordan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,852 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.