Join Jon Olson on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesMaricirs is 38 years old, married, and has one child. She earns a living by raising pigs in the Philippines. Maricirs is borrowing 30,000 PHP from NWTF to buy feed and ot...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanNazia bb is 32 years old and living with her husband and two children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. In the picture she is standing with her husband, who offers transport...Read their story >
- TailoringIndiaJashoda is a 23-year-old, married woman from a small village of Bargarh district, Odisha. She is engaged in a tailoring business.
She has a household of three m...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasJosé is 27 years old. His civil status is "living in free union." He lives with his family in the municipality of Intibucá, He works in agriculture, raising coffee on his o...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorSantos attended school through the seventh grade. She has no children and is currently single. She lives with her mother and a brother.
For five years Santos h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jon Olson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,580 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.