Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsPalestineMalek, who appears in the photo, is 18 years old, from Nablus city in West Bank. He is studying accounting at the local university, and he is studying hard. He dreams of fi...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- RickshawPakistanFarhat is 41 years old, a married woman and mother of a daughter. Her husband is a driver by profession and provides transportation services using his three-wheeled ricksha...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Cosmetics SalesCosta RicaIris Yasmina makes a living selling beauty products, however, with the passage of Hurricane Otto through her community, her sales decreased due to this natural disaster.
Read their story >Funding via EDESA
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Christine, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 28 years old and, as a group leader, she is representing her group of 11 farmers...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Food MarketSierra LeoneIsatu leads a group of five members in Customers Group. She is shown in the middle of the picture.
Isatu is a married woman and the mother of one child. She liv...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,620 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.