Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Butcher ShopCameroonPeter Che is a widower, and has two children. He lives in a four bedroom house in Bamenda, Northwest Cameroon. He has faced challenges such as the loss of his wife, armed r...Read their story >
- Food StallHaitiMirese is 35 years old, separated and mother of two children who are both in school. To provide for her children, she started a business reselling food products at a stand....Read their story >
- TailoringKenyaAmos is 31 years old. He is married with 2 children. He has had a tailoring business for seven years.
Amos will be using the loan to purchase materials and thre...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesDominican RepublicMarian is a hard-working woman who gets along by selling cosmetics and underwear in her community. She lives in a batey in La Romana, a province in the Dominican Republic....Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorSonia is 30 years old and has a fifth-grade education. She has a partner and three children, two of whom are in school.
Sonia makes a living selling vegetables a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,381 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.