Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaGlenis, at the age of 30, is a charismatic and attentive woman who works in her own business, a grocery store that she set up because of the necessity to generate income to...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanShahzodakhon lives in the city of Tursunzoda. She is 47 years old, married, and the mother of two sons. She also has a daughter-in-law. Her oldest son, currently a migra...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesRahima is a 47-year-old married woman with five children, two of whom are currently in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Rahima has a vegetable-ve...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamTao, 33, is a Kho Mu ethnic woman who lives with her spouse, her 14-year-old son and her 12-year-old son in a poor and remote village. Both of her sons attend secondary sch...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaPatrick is a businessman from Kololo centre, Hoima district. He is aged 30 and married with two children. He operates a retail shop located in the same area. He started up ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,838 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.