Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanYormat is 57 years old and lives in Yavan. He is married and has children. He loves animals and for this reason works in animal husbandry. Yormat has been raising livest...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- LivestockKyrgyzstanMinavarhan is 51, married, and the mother of two children. She has a specialized secondary education and has been raising livestock since 1995. Animal husbandry brings a ...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- General StorePhilippinesJoelyn is 52 years old and married with two children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 29,500...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StoreKenyaCarolyne is a married woman. She has two children. She describes herself as visionary.
She operates a retail business where she sells bread, sugar, flour, rice ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Clothing SalesLebanonIsraa is well known in her region with the good quality she provides in her business with affordable set prices. A 20-year-old married mother of one child, she started her ...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,123 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.