Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreUgandaLandus is 46 years old and lives in the town of Bwera in the Kasese region of Uganda. He is married and has five children, with three of them currently in school. For the p...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Uganda
- FarmingNigeriaSadi, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Tashar Jirgi village. He is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and re...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Home EnergyYemenMohammed is a 54-year-old married man who lives with his wife and nine children in their small house in Sana'a governorate, Yemen.
Mohammed is the breadwinner o...Read their story >Funding via Al-Amal Microfinance Bank
- Motorcycle TransportPakistanRuqiya's husband has been driving an auto rickshaw and pays a daily rent because this rickshaw does not belong to him. He belongs to a poor family and has been covering all...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingPhilippinesRodulfo owns farm land and grows vegetables such as eggplant, squash, beans, and potatoes. He is a 35-year-old, married man and has an eight-year-old dependent. Together ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,737 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.