Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreHondurasAdela is an entrepreneurial woman, dedicated to trade. Her main income source comes from her business selling grocery store items. She works this business on her own and ge...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
- General StorePeruJesús Antonio is 39 years old. He is divorced, and lives in his own house with his daughters in the Lagunas district in the province of Chiclayo, department of Lambayeque,...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- TransportationGeorgiaZaza, who is 36 years old married man, lives in Zestaponi district. He has a wife and 2 school-aged sons. Zaza is the only breadwinner in the family and is a very hard-work...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorLuis went to school through high school. He has a life partner, and his partner takes care of the household work. For the moment, they don’t have children. Luis makes a ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Used ClothingMozambiqueMacário lives in a common-law marriage, and is the father of five children, out of whom four are still under his responsibility and attend primary and secondary school. He ...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,347 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.