Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaIbrahaim, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing his group, formed by 8 farmers in Sirisia District, Kenya. He joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 201...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonRoger is a man of 35, married, and the father of a family. He is a farmer specialized in growing cacao a local village. Thanks to his plantation he manages to support his f...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJapheth is 69 years old and has 9 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 10 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Japheth has been ...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)The man with a white shirt wearing glasses in the picture is called Pauk. Pauk is 43 years old, and is a father of two children. He is the leader of this group named Auk Kw...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaAt the age of 22, this young woman is a married mother of a small child who is not yet old enough to go to school. To overcome her family’s hardship, That and her husband a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,631 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.