Join John on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSokkhy is a 40-year-old mother of four children and earns a living through growing mangoes. She supplements the family’s income by working as a cleaner in the local area. S...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaHello, lenders. Get to know Pasilidah, a wife and a loving mother to her children. This wonderful woman has been very determined to succeed, and for this reason, she starte...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaAfega is 31 years old with three children. She owns and operates a small business selling ice cakes in her village to earn a living.
Afega requested a loan to b...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaElizabeth is an active woman who works in agricultural activities, a skill that she inherited from her parents. Elizabeth has been a very hardworking mixed farmer for the p...Read their story >
- CattleMaliSoro is the man holding the cow by the cord. He is a 27 year old animal raiser. He is married and the father of 2 children aged 2 and 4 years old. He is requesting financia...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.