Join Joel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEcuadorCesar is a 25-year-old young man who's divorced. He lives with his parents and will earn a degree in law. He has always been a responsible and hardworking young man, making...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorLuis is 33 years old and finished high school. He is married; he and his wife have two children who are in school. His wife takes care of the household.
Read their story >
- ServicesEl SalvadorElsa is 25 years old. She is in a relationship, and her partner works in agriculture and construction. Elsa has experience in business. In addition, she has a mill with whi...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSao is 23 years old. She has one young school child, and she lives in Pursat Province.
She has been growing rice and cassava for about 10 years and working for ...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonBela is a 55 year old man and married. After his elementary studies he decided to dedicate himself to the cocoa field inherited from his father. It is thanks to this field ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.