Join Joel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsUgandaEddy, 35 years old, is a resident of Buloba central village in Buikwe district. Eddy is married with three children and two of them go to school. Eddy is a mechanic and als...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- Auto RepairHondurasOscar, who is 50 years old, is married and lives with his wife and daughter in an area of the Progreso municipality, in the department of Yoro.
Oscar has alway...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- LivestockMaliDramane is seen smiling in the photo, holding the bull's rope. He is married and is thirty-nine years old. Dramane has seven children of whom three are at primary school. ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Animal SalesPeruThe members belong to the “San Francisco” communal bank, located in Urcos district, Quispicanchis province, Cusco department.
The member, Edith, is 40 years old ...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaMoh'd is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Kwadaro village. He is grateful to be a member of Babban Gona, his partner in the fight against poverty. Building on hi...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Joel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,577 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.