Join Joel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaLiving in a rural village of the Kampong Trolach district of Kampong Chhnang province, Sarom is a 50-year-old mother of three children. She and her husband earn a living th...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaIsiya, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kabuwa village. Isiya is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and reso...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFaith is a married woman. She describes herself as trustworthy. She operates a farm where she grows maize and also keeps cows. She has been involved in this business for 7 ...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayAntonio is from the city of Santaní. He is married and the father of a family. He works for his family, so that he can give them a better life than the one that he had an...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanShado is a married lady and lives with her husband and one child in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan. She is 52 years old and a tailor by profession.
She started her t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,608 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.