Join Jody on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureBoliviaGenoveva, age 57, works with her husband, Crisologo. She lives with him and their two children. Her business activity is agriculture. She grows potatoes, carrots, peas, ...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
- PrintingEl SalvadorFrancisco is dedicated to his family's well being. He lives with his partner and their child, and earns an income by providing a screen-printing service. He learned the tra...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaSopha is a 59-year-old spinster rice farmer who resides in the Prey Veng Province in Cambodia. She has cultivated rice and fattened cows for more than thirty years. Sopha ...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Ltd.
- CerealsPhilippinesJeanne is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a rice retailing business in the Philippines. She is borrowing PHP 17,000 through NWTF in order to buy additional stock of ri...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Higher education costsPalestineAnas is a 21-year-old single young man from Ramallah city. His father is an employee in the public sector where he gets a low and unstable income. This income barely covers...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Jody, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,402 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.