Join Jody on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaKhanara is aged 27 years and is the mother of two children who are in school. She and her husband make a living through planting cassava and selling motorbikes in the local...Read their story >
- TailoringEl SalvadorJuan, age 71, was in school until grade 9. He is married with four children who are themselves all married now. He lives alone with his wife, who is a seamstress.
Juan...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonTsa, age 60, is unmarried and the father of five children, whose ages range from 15 to 40. He specializes in growing cacao and he has a 45-year-old cacao plantation in a lo...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanBushara is a 55-year-old married woman (standing with her daughter) who lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. Due to the bad financial conditions of her family, he...Read their story >
- Fish SellingSierra LeoneHawa is a married woman and a mother of two children. She is determined to provide for her family a decent living. She realized that this would not be an easy task unless s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jody, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,909 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.