David provides taxi services. He is ...Read their story >
Join Jody on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesPeruDavid is a hardworking man who is 35 years of age. He lives with his partner and their son in the rural town of Lizacia.
David provides taxi services. He is ...Read their story >Funding via Fondesurco
- Clothing SalesPakistanSonia is a 23-year-old new borrower with BRAC Pakistan. She is the mother of a daughter and her husband is a cleaner by profession; he is the only one responsible for fulfi...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonMohammad is a 41-year-old, married father of two children. He is acquiring this loan to pay for his children's school tuition fees. The loan is part of Al Majmoua's Back to...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- RestaurantRwandaDushyigikirane ACB is a group presented by Martha, who is 38 years old. She is married with three children aged between 1 and 8 years. The group name means “Let us support ...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
- RestaurantKenyaNancy is a married woman. She has two children. She describes herself to be focused. She operates a hotel (local name for a restaurant). She has been involved in this busin...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Jody, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,894 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.