Join Jody on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaLinet is 46 years old and has eight children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Linet is the only...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMary is a 58-year-old proud mother of 10 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing her group of 7 farmers in We...Read their story >
- Higher education costsJordanAli is a university student. He is studying Money and Banking Sciences and is in his junior year.
He is 22 years old and loves soccer. His dad is retired from t...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineAmjad is a 20-years-old from Deir Al Balah, Gaza Strip. He is studying IT Engineering at his local university and tries hard to graduate to find a good job. His father work...Read their story >
- LivestockEcuadorEdgar is 35 years old and married. He lives in San Cristobal Alto in San Gabriel, close to the border between Ecuador and Colombia. He has 4 children, two girls who are 10 ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jody, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,504 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.