Join Jodie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaRufus is 36 years old. He is married with five children. He has run a motorcycle transport business for six years. He will be using the loan to purchase spare parts and hop...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- PigsColombiaMaria, 58, is a widow and she has found multiple jobs to support her family.
Two years ago, she started selling pigs. She buys them, raises them, fattens them an...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingGuatemalaSantos is a person who puts in a lot of effort every day so that his crops grow. He says that his last loan went very well, since he was able to purchase fertilizers and m...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingArmeniaMeruzhan is 65 years old and he lives with his wife in Kapan city, in the Syunik region. He has a vocational medical education but he never worked in that field. Now he is ...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Fruits & VegetablesColombiaRafael, a 52 year old man, was born and raised in the country, where he has been engaged in farming since he was very young.
He learned cultivation and milk pr...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Jodie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,120 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.