Her...Read their story >
Join Jodie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingVietnamMrs. Thuc is a Thai ethnic woman. She currently lives with her husband and her two children, one son and one daughter, in Mai Son district, Son La province.
Her...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution Limited
- RestaurantColombiaTito, 51 years old, was displaced by the violence in his native land, Chaparral in the municipality of Tolima. These days, he has been living in the capital of the country ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Personal Products SalesEcuadorYuri is 33 years old. She is the mother of four children. Yesenia is 19, and was unable to continue her education due to a lack of money. She helps her mother with the hous...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- TailoringPakistanKalsoom is a 52-year-old married woman and a mother of five children. One of her sons is also shown in the photo. She has been doing a business of tailoring for many years ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- RickshawPakistanNusrat is a 34-year-old lady living with her spouse and three children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
Her husband had been driving an auto rickshaw in the Lah...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Jodie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,704 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.