Join Jodie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanShazia is 29 and lives with her four children and husband in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has earned a living by running a small vegetable shop in a nearby town for t...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaUmazi is a married woman with five kids, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food for ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- TaxiArmeniaThis is Ghevond, a 33-year-old taxi driver from Gyumri. Ghevond lives together with his mother, wife and two infant children. He provides their daily living on his own and ...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- FarmingNigeriaNazifi is a Babban Gona maize farmer. He is a hardworking married man with 11 children. His youngest children are Sumayya and Basira whom he hopes grow up to be successful ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- TransportationLebanonMohammad is a 22-year-old single man. Four years ago, he started working in the construction field, specialising in plumbing, to cover his needs and expenses. He gained exp...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
Kiva lenders, like Jodie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,068 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.