Join Jodie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreHondurasDomitila is an entrepreneur whose main source of income is her grocery store which she has been running herself for 12 years. She gets up early in the morning to attend to...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Education providerLebanonTamara is a 26-year-old single lady who started, five years ago, working as a tutor to cover her needs and expenses. She also sells cosmetics and accessories, as a second s...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- FarmingKenyaBenard's Group is formed by eight farmers in Sirisia District and is being represented by Benard, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 34 years old, is married and...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Grocery StoreHondurasDora is an entrepreneurial woman and she has her own business. She has a small grocery store in her home where she does her sales every day of the week. She wakes up very...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Food Production/SalesKenyaAlice is a married woman. She has 4 children. She describes herself to be determined. She operates a cafe. She has been involved in this business for 6 years. Her business ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Jodie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,835 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.