Her son is a responsible to fulfill the ne...Read their story >
Join Jodie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationPakistanKaneez is 51 years old and a mother of five children. She is living with her spouse, in the area of Multan, Pakistan.
Her son is a responsible to fulfill the ne...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- SewingColombiaAmparo for a large part of her life has made a living sewing. In this way the client generates the resources needed to support the family's finances, made up of her husband...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingKenyaThis is Pauline, a mum who is full of smiles. She is a person who has had to overcome a lot of adversity in her life. However, she has always had the strength to overcome i...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- CattleArmeniaMeet Tsaghik! Tshaghik is 61-year-old skillful agronomist from the Kotayk region. She has been into farming long enough to have a developed steading. Tsaghik lives with her...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- CattleUgandaAlfred, who does cattle fattening, intends to use the loan to buy cows for fattening. He is a hardworking, organized man with good customer relations operating in the Masin...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
Kiva lenders, like Jodie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,462 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.