Previously, despite toiling for long h...Read their story >
Join Jodie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaIbrahim is a hard-working Babban Gona maize farmer from Madarzai village. He lives in a modest mud house with his family.
Previously, despite toiling for long h...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- General StoreTimor-LesteSilvino is 33 years old and married with 3 children. He has a kiosk that he started in 2015, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running his business has made Si...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu no Finansas
- PigsColombiaNeither the high cost of inputs, nor the competition that lives in the pig sector, make Eliana surrender in fulfilling her dreams and goals. Eliana is a 29 year old woman, ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMadona is a resident of Estancia, Iloilo. She earns a living through buying and selling fish to the community. She has been engaged in this business with the help of her hu...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorVeronica is married. She lives with her family made up of her husband and three children, ages 18, 15, and 12, who are still dependent. In view of wanting to help her husba...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Jodie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,498 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.