Join Joanne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FlowersBoliviaLuisa needs a loan in order to buy fertilizers. She dedicates herself to cultivating flowers in order to later sell the variety in markets and other places. Luisa has told ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGaudencia is a 50-year-old proud mother of 6 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing her group of 15 farmers in Teso...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorErika needs a new loan to restock the inventory of her business by buying shrimp and pigs to sell. She will also invest in corn meal, oil, cheese curd, seasonings, sugar, f...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonGaston is a man of 58, father of a family. He is a farmer, primarily in the domain of growing cacao trees left to him by his father. It is thanks to this field that he sup...Read their story >
- Food MarketSamoaMaimau is a 61-year-old married woman with six children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has five years of experience with this business.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joanne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,155 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.