Join Joan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanThis is Zera, who was born in 1987. She is not married and lives with her parents. Her family's main income is from her low salary, which she earns working at a state organ...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineTamima is a 58-year-old married woman with 6 children from Nablus. She wants to use the loan to paint her house walls and buy a new closet to save summer clothing.
Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe "Litoral de Senkata" credit association is beginning its 30th loan cycle with Pro-Mujer, as part of the Senkata Focal Center. The association is composed of nine member...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
- TailoringTanzaniaTheodista is in her early 40's and is married with four children. She is a tailor and she has been in this business for 8 years. She daily works from 8 am to 9 p.m and she ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- PigsPhilippinesCarmelita is 56 years old and married with five children. She is in the agricultural business of pig fattening in the Philippines. Carmelita requested a 10,000 PHP loan th...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Joan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,918 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.