Join Joan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingKenyaLilian is married with four school-going children. They live at their own house which neither has electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are food and sc...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- FarmingKenyaJoseph is 45 years old and has nine children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Joseph is the only one fe...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Clothing SalesPakistanSafia is 38 and she is married. She lives with her husband and three children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Safia purchases clothes at cheap rates with the help of her...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureHondurasCarlos is 28 years old and lives with his wife, with whom he has a son. They live in the village of La Arada, Santa Barbara. He has worked in agriculture for 10 years, and ...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- RetailParaguayZulli is 34-years old. She has been teaching for more than 11 years. She also has had a haberdashery in her home for 4 years. She has been married to Abel for more than 10 ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Joan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,007 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.