He is known to be ...Read their story >
Join Joan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaJulius is a dairy farmer who lives in a town called Bomet in Rift Valley. He is married with seven children who are all under 25 years of age.
He is known to be ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FarmingKenyaBeatrice is the mother of two children and is a rural smallholder farmer from the Sengera, Kenyenya area of Kenya. Beatrice is married to a fellow farmer. Her family's mai...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Animal SalesGeorgiaMukhtar is a 28-year-old married man. He lives with his wife and two children in Sagarejo district. Mukhtar works and gets a daily income.
He decided to start a...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- RetailPhilippinesLeonila is a woman who is 58 years old, married with 6 children. She is from Bayabas, Aurora, Zamboanga Del Sur. Leonila is engaged in a business of Sari- sari store in the...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- Grocery StoreGhanaThe members of 'Godness' Group are committed to building businesses and supporting their families. They have received an initial round of funding as part of a government pr...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
Kiva lenders, like Joan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,817 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.