Join Joan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanThe man in this photo is Umarali. Umarali is an active man. He was born in 1955 into a shepherd family. He is living in a remote district in the southern part of the countr...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonColombiaSandra is a stylist who lives with her family in a neighbourhood in Barranquilla, a municipality located in the department of Atlantico where she has captivated tons of the...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanShuhrat is 56 years old and married. He lives in Jamoat Ismoil village of Gafurov region. Shuhrat has a cow, a heifer, sheep, and chickens. His wife helps him in the farm s...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesNicaraguaOston is 36 years old and works as a vendor. His wife and two children help him with the business. He wants his business selling household products to continue to grow, so ...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA mother of two schoolchildren, Thy is living in a small house located in Battambang Province. Growing rice has been the only main source of her family’s income for almost ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.