Prezel works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PH...Read their story >
Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesPrezel is 40 years old and married with two children.
Prezel works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PH...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanMumtaz is a 44-year-old working woman. After her marriage, she felt that she should support her husband in improving their financial condition. So she started a business of...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Milk SalesKenyaSamuel is a happily married man living in Nanyuki. He is 46 years old and a father of four children 18,14,9 and 7 years old. He is a dairy cow farmer and his wife takes car...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FarmingKenyaEverlyne is 31 years old. She is a humble, responsible, attentive, and very hardworking woman. She lives in a poor neighborhood in the Nyamira area of Kenya, an area that l...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Clothing SalesMexicoThe group “El Arroyito” is from a peaceful community with roots in the Mazahua culture so it is common to hear its inhabitants carry on conversations in their native langua...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Mexico
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,653 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.