Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Barber ShopArmeniaMushegh, 33, is a talented barber from Yerevan. He lives with his wife Anzhela, 30, and their wonderful 4-year-old daughter. He runs a small barber shop in the city center...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaViolet, 53, has five children. As group leader, she is representing her group of 12 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Violet has been farming with One Acre Fun...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJuliana's group is formed by 12 farmers in Matete District. The group is being represented by Juliana, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 28 years old, is marri...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUkraineOleg is married. He has been serving as a military man in Ukraine's armed forces for 23 years. OIeg loves his work. At the present time he is the commander of a military un...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJulio attended school in his province up to the 5th grade. He is married and his wife takes care of domestic chores. They have a 12 year old daughter. His parents also live...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,790 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.