Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsUgandaStephan is 45 years old and lives in the town of Nateete central in the Kampala west region of Uganda. He is married and has five children. None of his children go to schoo...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Uganda
- AgricultureKenyaPictured above is Veronica, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 44 years old and, as a group leader, she is representing her group of eight farme...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- DairyKenyaMoses, 41 years old, was born into a humble family. He is married to one wife and a father to one child. Moses practices coffee and dairy farming, activities that really ex...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- TaxiColombiaJuan José is a young 23 year old entrepreneur who works as a taxi driver, a very common business in the city of Cañas Gordas because of the remoteness of the villages in th...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Furniture MakingLebanonAhmad is a 30-year-old single man. Due to the low financial situation of his family, he left school at early age and started working in upholstering furniture to cover his ...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,478 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.