Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaRebecca, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing her group, formed by seven farmers in Teso District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 20...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Decorations SalesParaguayRaquel is from the city of San Lorenzo. She continues with her work of event decorations, this is her third loan with Kiva and she says that her previous loan enabled her ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- TailoringPakistanNusrat is a working woman. She is the mother of 2 children and lives with her family in a town of Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan.
She has been providing the service...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- FarmingEl SalvadorCarlos, who is 29 years old, lives in his own house with his daughter. He has been raising corn for five years. He sells his products in the various markets that are near h...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Grocery StoreBoliviaAntonia is a senior citizen and has a grocery store at her mother's house. She attends the grocery store seven days a week and is there practically all day long.
Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,584 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.