Santos makes a living in agric...Read their story >
Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorSantos is 44 years old. She is married and has two daughters. Her husband emigrated from abroad in search of better opportunities.
Santos makes a living in agric...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesIndiaTumpa is a 37 year old married woman. She is from a rural village of Falakata West Bengal, India. She has two sons who read in school. Tumpa’s husband, Bikash, is engaged w...Read their story >Funding via Belghoria Janakalyan Samity
- FarmingBoliviaOctavia is a humble woman. She is 58 years old and married. She studied through elementary school and lives in her own house, which is of rustic architecture and made of lo...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
- ServicesMozambiqueIlidio, a locksmith 45 years of age, is married and the father of 2 children in high school. He lives in a house he owns and he also supports his aunt, who lives with him. ...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- Grocery StorePakistanNasreen is 39 years old and resides in Lahore, Pakistan. She has two sons and her husband has been running a grocery store for the last 40 years. His grocery store is situa...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,064 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.