Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanIshrat is a tailor by profession. She is 28 years old and lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan, with her five family members. She likes her job and has been doing this for the pas...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesJimmy is 49 years old and married with four children. He is from Navalan, Tukuran, Zamboanga Del Sur. He earns an income from his transport service business. Jimmy starte...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- FarmingEl SalvadorJesús is married, his wife works selling clothing, and they have a one-year-old daughter.
Jesús works growing basic grains and working as a day laborer.
Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- CattleArmeniaJivan is 25 years old, and he lives with his parents, sister (who is a student), and grandmother in Sevan, a city in the Gegharkunik region. Jivan has had higher education ...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- TailoringPakistanShamim Akhtar is a 40-year-old woman. She has five children and lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She supports her family through her tailoring business. She has been working ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,969 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.