Join Joe & Pam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorMariano is 58 years old. He learned to read and write because he attended several learning courses. He has a partner and is the father of five children; two live on their o...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaEunice is the mother of four children and is a rural smallholder farmer from the Mungudoi, Nandihills area of Kenya. She is married to a fellow farmer. Her family's main in...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- DairyKenyaSalina is just 43 years old and lives in the Kitale area of Kenya. She has six children whom she loves very much. Life hasn’t been easy for this young mother, but she’s a f...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Clothing SalesKenyaGrace is a Kiva borrower. She has six children. She describes herself to be determined.
She operates a retail business where she sells clothes. She has been inv...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorReyna, age 52, lives in a house of her own with her grandson. She has worked for 10 years preparing and making pupusas [traditional filled tortillas]. Her business is locat...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Joe & Pam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,361 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.