Join Jim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanThis is Mumtaz, a married lady living in Hafizabad, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady who has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a profession...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanBushra is a married lady and lives with her husband and five children in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is 42 years old and a tailor by profession.
She started her ...Read their story >
- Higher education costsJordanAhmed is a university student studying Archaeology, in his junior year.
He picked this field of education based on an interest he has in discovering Jordan's hi...Read their story >
- Food StallSamoaMoeleoi is a 43-year-old married woman with six children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has three years of experience with this business. ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesGuatemalaCatarina is a 40 year old woman. She is happily married with a beautiful family. They live in a community of the small village of Patzite.
In order to earn mone...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,890 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.