Join Jim on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCameroonPierre is a married man, aged 49 and the father of one child aged 14. He is also responsible for three other persons who attend school. Pierre has had cacao groves for 35 y...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaNine farmers in the Teso District make up Abraham's Group; they are represented by Abraham, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 37 years old, is married and has f...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanAraj is a practical man living in a village area. He is 35, he is married and has three children. As he lives in a village area, his business is cattle breeding. He started...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorRosa lives with her three children of minor age and all of them go to school. Her economic activities are the production and sale of fried snacks and managing a grocery sto...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanMavlida is 38 years old. She has been running her clothes-sewing business for years. She is running her business alone. She was taught by her mother. She has a lot of satis...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jim, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,764 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.