Join Jim & Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSophen is 37 years old and a married mother of a small child who is under school age. Nowadays, she is living in a wooden house located in Koh Nhek district, Mondulkiri pro...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanNaseem is a 41-year-old, married woman who lives in an undeveloped slum area of Gujrat, Pakistan with her husband and five children. Due to the bad financial situation of h...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonMax is a 35 year old man and father of three children. One of them goes to school. He is a farmer and has lived in a local village with his family for years. He would like ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSierra LeoneMaseray is a 47-year-old mother of two children. She is a group leader who is often described as a very hardworking individual. Maseray is representing a group of four me...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorRoxana has a partner, a trader. She has two daughters who live at home and are in school.
Roxana has been selling fruits for more than ten years. The market wher...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jim & Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,672 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.