Her husband runs a ready-made garment...Read their story >
Join Jim & Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPakistanZubaida is 51-year-old woman, living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is the mother of three children.
Her husband runs a ready-made garment...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueElmina was born in Marracuene, province of Maputo. She is 51 years old, a single mother of a child of age and she is responsible for her grandson who lives with her. Elmin...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- Home EnergyHondurasMartin, 66 years old, is a coffee and corn farmer who lives in the community of Copan, Honduras. He lives with his wife, Adelina, and three of their six children, who help ...Read their story >Funding via Soluz Honduras
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorJennifer is satisfied with the contribution of the previous loan, since thanks to it, she was able to improve her income and offer her customers a better stocked inventory....Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Food MarketTajikistanRajab has successfully repaid her loan. She repaid the funds ahead of time, and hopes that this time, too, everything will go well after receiving the loan. She has applied...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Jim & Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,220 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.