Join Jim & Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailNicaraguaLilliam is 23 years old, married with child. She owns her own grocery store. Her shop sells rice, toilet paper, sauces, condiments, sugar and other products. She is applyi...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaAbdullahi is a hard-working Babban Gona maize farmer from Uwa/Dan Uwa village. Abdullahi is grateful to be a member of Babban Gona, his partner in the fight against poverty...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Used ClothingKenyaMwanarusi is a married mother of one child, who is young enough to attend school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Food StallPakistanRukhsana is a 43-year-old married woman who lives with her spouse and six children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her husband is responsible for meeting the needs of the ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Wedding ExpensesTajikistanZarina was born and raised in the city of Dushanbe. She is the mother of two children. She is not just a caring mother, but a grandmother too. She has a sewing business and...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Jim & Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,827 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.