Join Jim & Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaBilia is a 54-year-old proud mother of 5 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing her group of nine farmers in...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanLUBNA BEGUM is 35 years married woman. She is a hardworking and independent mother who is helping her family by providing services of tailoring at her home. She has been do...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMary is a hardworking woman full of dreams and aspirations. She resides in a remote village in Eldoret in the western region of Kenya. Mary, being the bread winner in her h...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorJosé attended school through the ninth grade. He is in a relationship and has a two year old daughter.
José has worked as a barber for five years. He learned t...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueLazaro is married, lives in his own home and is the father of three adult children who live independently. He doesn't have other dependents. His wife is a housekeeper and h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jim & Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,673 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.