Join Jim & Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Soft DrinksSierra LeoneMohamed is a 38-year-old man and married with four children, between the ages of 3 years and 15 years. He runs a drinks shop in Waterloo branch in a western region of Sierr...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- General StorePakistanAllah Rakkhi is 55 years old, a married women and the mother of two children living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan and standing with her son in the photo.
Her ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- LivestockMaliKarim, the featured borrower, is pictured holding the steer's horn. He is 45 years old and married with seven children. His children range in age from two to 18 years, and ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- TailoringIndiaShanta, a 55-year-old, married woman from a district of Badwani, Madhya Pradesh, is engaged in a tailoring business. She has a household of three members and a monthly inco...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- Animal SalesTajikistanKhasan lives in the city of Khujand. He is 29 years old. He is married and is the father of 2 children. Khasan is a smart, purposeful man, and he is always thinking about h...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Jim & Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,655 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.