Join Jim & Yvonne on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonParaguayMaria is 51 years old, she is married and has children. She works as a hairdresser, and in addition she has a small sewing supplies store. Through these activities she has ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Clothing SalesPakistanRobina is a 46-year-old married woman living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Robina runs a small boutique at home. She sells garments at very reasonable rates. She pur...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMaría needs a new loan to continue with the agricultural work of the season.
She will use the loan to buy fertilizer and insecticides to support the good develop...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Beauty SalonEl SalvadorRosa lives with her three children and her mother. She says that her husband emigrated to another country in search of better work opportunities to get a better income and ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- AgricultureHondurasMarco is 23 years old and single. He has 2 children and lives in a village in the town of Gracias, Lempira with his parents. He has always worked in agriculture growing b...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
Kiva lenders, like Jim & Yvonne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,246 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.