Join Jill on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesNicaraguaDavid is 28 years old, single and works as an assistant in a store. He is a young man who looks after the wellbeing of his family. For this reason, he is applying for a loa...Read their story >
- Milk SalesPakistanGul is a hardworking woman. She is pictured with her brother in the photo. She started her milk-selling business because it was difficult to run household activities. She i...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is 42 years old and has seven children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Margaret i...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopPalestineRami, who appears in the photo, is 22 years old and from a village near Ramallah in the West Bank. He is a married man living with his wife in a small house. He is the sole...Read their story >
- RetailJordanMaher began his business six years ago. He owns a water purification and bottling plant. He is eager to continue on building his business for there are still improvements t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,673 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.