Join Jens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- VehiclePhilippinesJason is 26 years old, single and lives in Mahayag, Zambuanga Del Sur. For a living, Jason works in a private company and earns his salary. Jason owns a motorcycle to use f...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- PigsPhilippinesMa. Fe is a 34-year-old married mother of two children, both of whom are in school.
Ma. Fe is in the pig-fattening agricultural business in the Philippines. She ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Cosmetics SalesLebanonAngham is a 29-year-old married mother of three children. Eight years ago, she started selling cosmetics to help her husband cover the increasing needs and expenses of thei...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Ta Mut village is located in Dedaye township in the Delta region and consists of 95 households. The villagers mainly focus on farming, animal breeding, and working as migra...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- FishingEcuadorPaulina is 21 years old and has two small children. The walls of her house were damaged in the earthquake and they have been using a tent to live on the patio. Paulina and ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
Kiva lenders, like Jens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,728 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.