Join Jens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaNelson is a 62-year-old proud father of 9 children. He is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing his group of 9 farmers in Ki...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Martin! Martin is a farmer with 10 years of experience. This hardworking man is from the Shirak region, a region considered to be the poorest in Armenia. The populatio...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Higher education costsParaguayDiego continues with his studies in the program. He comments that through his knowledge he wants to make his way in the working world so that his loved ones don't lack anyt...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- FarmingKenyaFlorence is a 50-year-old proud mother of 7 children. She is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing her group of 8 farmers in Teso D...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- TailoringTanzaniaJoseph is in his early forties, married and has 3 school going children to support. He is a tailor by profession and he operates a sewing workshop that designs, produce and...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
Kiva lenders, like Jens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,571 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.