Join Jens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Butcher ShopKenyaMwanasha is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expens...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Higher education costsKenyaCome May 2017, Elvis will be in his last semester at the Kenyatta University.
The fourth-year Bachelor of Commerce student, decided to specialize in procurement...Read their story >Funding via Digital Divide Data (DDD)
- FarmingArmeniaArkadya is 53 years old and he lives with his large and nice family in Artsvanik village of Syunik region. Arkadya has specialty of electrician and many years till today he...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- RetailKenyaPaul is a married man. He has one child. He describes himself to be ambitious.
He operates a retail business where he sells clothes, shoes and bags. He has been...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Grocery StoreTajikistanMany people have a business. Some open a beauty salon, others work with selling different things, products and so on. Our hero, who is called Mavluda, chose to work as a sa...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Jens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,163 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.