Join Jens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPeruHumberto, 32, is a hard worker who lives with his partner and four children in the town of Tincopalca which is in Puno. He raises domestic animals and is applying for a mi...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueMario is 34 years old, married, and works in a bakery. He is the father of three children who are 16, 12, and 8 years old, and they all attend school. He lives in his own ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorSilvia is satisfied by the good results obtained after she used the previous loan for her business, since with it she is able to satisfy her customers' needs and generate m...Read their story >
- UtilitiesEl SalvadorErick studied through 9th grade. He is single and lives with his mother and older sister.
Erick has a grinder in his house to offer services to the inhabitants o...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneKadiatu leads a group of four members in Makeh group. She is shown at the right of the picture. Kadiatu is a 43-year-old woman and a mother of two children. Kadiatu runs a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,628 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.