Join Jenny on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaCarolyne is a smallholder farmer practicing dairy, sheep, poultry, and crop farming to make a living. She enjoys farming, for it is her means of securing the basic necessit...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodTogoMarried and the mother of one child, Danyeamto is a woman of 50, living in Agoè, who sells firewood in her neighborhood and stocks up at the market four times a month. Dan...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEunista is 46 years old and has six children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 13 farmers in Chwele District, Kenya.
Eunista has be...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneMeet Sarah, a 35-year-old married woman with 3 children between the ages of 10 and 20. All of them are currently attending school. She started her business because she wan...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorNelis lives with her two children, who are financially dependent on her, and says that she doesn’t have any financial assistance from her parents. Nelis manages a store wh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jenny, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,152 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.