Join Jenny on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaMercy is a small-holder farmer who is full of dreams and aspirations for her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Nkubu, which is located in the cent...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSnoul is a village in Kratie Province, where Channa was born. She is 31 years old and married, and has two children who are dependent on her. She is a farmer who has been g...Read their story >
- EmbroideryPakistanYasmeen is a 45-year-old woman, living with her spouse in the area of Muzzafargharh, Pakistan. Yasmeen has five children. Her husband is responsible for fulfilling the need...Read their story >
- PhotographyKenyaJembe is a happily married man with 4 children. He is a professional photographer and runs a studio for a living. He likes his business, which has been growing in leaps and...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaJorge, who is 47 years old, is a teacher and has been practicing his profession for many years. Nevertheless, he decided to take a chance on this venture to improve the qua...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jenny, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,232 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.