Join Jennifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreUgandaFahad is 23 years old and lives in the town of Nakifuma in the Mukono region of Uganda. For the past two years, Fagad has been working hard to manage his wholesale shop.
Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesJailyn is a farmer who cultivates her own land with her husband. Her goal is to provide a more financially secure life for her one child and her family. Jailyn needs to pay...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaArtur is 50 years old and lives with his wife and son in Kapan City in the region of Syunik. His daughter lives and works in Yerevan City. Artur works as a policeman for ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRossy is 55 years old and has 11 children. She has been a farmer for more than 30 years and is always said to be a very trustworthy person. Even though Rossy is the only on...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneRespect is a group that has come together to help themselves achieve their individual dreams by attaining a loan to improve on their sales. Rugiatu is the leader for this ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jennifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,241 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.