Join Jennifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaSuleman is a Babban Gona maize farmer with grand dreams from Dutsen Koka village. In addition to farming, he hopes to diversify his income by opening up a tailoring shop wi...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Home Products SalesPakistanRobina is a 41-year-old married woman; she has been running a business of crockery sales for many years. She offers various types of crockery, such as glasses, dinner sets,...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- SewingIndia36-year-old Mina hails from the Khurda district of Odisha. Her family consist of her husband and two children. Mina is engaged with a sewing business while her husband is a...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- SewingPalestineAlia is a 44-year-old married woman from city of Tulkarem. She has 4 children. Alia has been working in sewing for 5 years and she will use the loan to buy a new sewing mac...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- TailoringPakistanSajida is a women entrepreneur and struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 57 years old and lives in a small house with 8 family members. Some years ago, she d...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Jennifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.