Join Jennifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreGuatemalaChimaltenango, a large state/department as well as a busy city, has an economy based on farming, commercial ventures, and traditional textiles. The first capital of the mig...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEsther is a woman who has been able to pass through many difficult challenges in her life, but she has remained strong for her children and her husband. Her determination a...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLailyn is 33 years old, married and has three children who are in school. She is in the agricultural business pig fattening in the Philippines. Lailyn requested a PHP 20...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorJose has a common-law partner who takes care of the domestic chores. They have only one daughter who still lives with them.
Jose works at farming and cattle-raising wh...Read their story >
- TailoringLiberiaMorris is 26 years old and has one child. He is from Liberia. He operates a tailoring business, selling lappa and clothes made by him. He learned the trade from trade schoo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jennifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,854 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.