She has applied for a loan, which she will use to buy building material and paints, and to pay her workers. ...Read their story >
Join Jennifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesResiding in Ozamiz city is Bernadita, 58 years old.
She has applied for a loan, which she will use to buy building material and paints, and to pay her workers. ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Cosmetics SalesJordanThe 29-year-old, single, ambitious man is working hard to develop his current business so that he can improve his family's living, This is Hussain who has been working ha...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- RetailColombiaOlga is a businesswoman from Madrid, a municipality in the department of Cundinamarca where she started her business in 2015. For a number of years she was an employee in a...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- PigsPhilippinesTeresita is 43 years old and married with three children.
She earns a living by having a pig fattening business in the Philippines. Teresita is borrowing PHP 15,...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StoreKenyaAlexander is a married man. He has two children. He operates a retail business where he sells timber, sugar, bread, flour, and other items. He has been involved in this bus...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Jennifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,148 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.