Join Jennifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanPerveen is the age of 46, living in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She has to do hard work to feed her family; she is the mother of 3 sons and 1 daughter. She lives with...Read their story >
- Animal SalesSenegalDiamé has been developing his steer raising business for over five years. He is married and has a family. Every day, Diamé gets up at 8:00 a.m. to take care of his animals,...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesBoliviaJavier sells toothpaste. He lives in his family's home. He doesn't have children but he supports his parents.
Javier sells his products at different markets. He...Read their story >
- TailoringKenyaBorn in 1987, Esther is a happily married lady blessed with two children. Her husband is very supportive with the family.
For many years, Esther has been a tailo...Read their story >
- Plastics SalesLebanonIbtissam is a 30-year-old youth and a married mother of four. She established her home-based plastic ware sales business almost two years ago in order to help her husband w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jennifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,687 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.