Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- HardwareColombiaJose Joaquin, 47, runs a hardware business in the Bosa district of the capital city. He is in a relationship and has two daughters, aged 23 and 13. He began his business ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingKenyaHellen is the true definition of a hard worker. She is a farmer in Eldoret and is involved in growing maize, raising poultry, and dairy farming. She has milk and egg produc...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- ServicesLebanonAhmad, born in 1986, is a married Palestinian guy with two kids. He lives in a camp of Palestinian refugees located in the south of Lebanon with his family. In 2012, Ahmad ...Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance
- PoultryEl SalvadorMaria studied until first grade. Her husband is a farmer. They have two children who already have a family of their own.
Maria has a shop since 3 years ago. She ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaJohn is a young farmer from Sangalo, a remote village in Bungoma, Kenya, who has defied the common thinking among Kenyans that agriculture is for the older generation. John...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,214 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.