Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJose is 42 years old and did not have the opportunity to go to school. Jose's wife is a housewife. The couple has four children, only the youngest two of whom are in educat...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingNigeriaJoseph, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kankare village. Joseph is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and r...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Clothing SalesKenyaHannah is a married woman with three children. She describes herself as determined.
She has operated a retail business selling clothes for eight years. Her busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- ElectricianPakistanSafia is a 34-year-old woman, living with her spouse, three daughters, and three sons in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Safia’s husband runs a very hard business. He owns ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StoreEl SalvadorSonia is 25 years old. She has a partner and two small children, who don’t yet attend school. Sonia earns a living managing her own store. It is a family business, and h...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,950 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.