Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesEdelyn works hard to support her family. Edelyn is married and has a buy and sell ready to wear business in the Philippines. Edelyn requested a PHP 17000 loan through NWTF...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesKenyaMwanashais a married mother of four children, all of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that neither has electricity or piped water. Her greatest monthly expens...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- RetailKenyaPamela is a married woman with three children. She describes herself as polite. She operates a retail business where she sells soap, sugar, bread, flour and other items. Sh...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Internet CafePhilippinesJodelyn highly appreciates your kind generosity, dear lenders. Your previous loan worth PHP 20,000 enabled her to buy one more unit of computer set for her internet cafe bu...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
- Animal SalesPakistanFinancial constraints alongside the desire for a better life and a good quality education for her 2 children are only but a few of the valuable factors that encouraged Nasr...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,820 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.