Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesBasilisa is a sari-sari (variety) store owner who lives in Baybay City. She is a 59-year-old married woman with one dependent child. Her husband works hard selling herbal p...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaHassan is a hard-working Babban Gona maize farmer from Kamfanin village. Hassan is grateful to be a member of Babban Gona, his partner in the fight against poverty. Buildin...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)This loan funded by Kiva will help 17 loan clients in the Kyee Hnit Pin-1 Village Group to buy more ducks and high quality feed for them. Kyee Hnit Pin-1 Village Group is i...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Auto RepairPalestineMuhanad, who appears in the photo, is a 24 year-old from Bethlehem City in West Bank. He is a single man who lives with his parents. He is trying so hard to provide them w...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- HardwareGhanaMillicent is a married woman and a mother of two children. She owns a personal products retail business. Millicent has taken on complete responsibility of running her busin...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,768 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.