Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesMaliMari is the man who is holding the sheep by a rope. He is a sheep-raiser from Mali, 60 years old. He is married to a small-scale businesswoman and the father of 14 children...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaPach, 56 years old, is a farmer who resides in Krang Slaeng Village, Tang Sya Commune, Phnum Sruoch District, Kampong Speu Province.
She is a beloved mother of ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorYoselin is married and lives with her partner and two children who are ages four and ten. Her business consists of selling hamburgers and cosmetics. The business has been o...Read their story >
- FoodParaguayThe group called Mujeres Unidas is within a poverty-reduction program. The women look to improve their living conditions through work, united amongst themselves and joining...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopKenyaEzra is 41 years old. He is married with three children. He sells beef and mutton, a business he has run for three years.
Ezra has requested a loan from VisionF...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,052 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.