Join Jen Appreneur on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanSaodat, despite her age, is a very active and hardworking woman. She loves to work the land and takes pleasure in her work. She has not only children but she also has grand...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- TailoringPakistanNazneen has successfully built her business of tailoring with the support of Kashf Foundation and Kiva. Over time she attained good number of customers and makes good amou...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Clothing SalesArmeniaMeet Naira! She is a hardworking retailer from Vanadzor town. She has been in clothing sales for a decade now. Naira's husband, Taron, always helps her with sales.
Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- FarmingKenyaCaroline is a single mother of three and is a rural small-holder farmer from the Eldoret area of Kenya. Her family's main income source is milk from their dairy farm. Howev...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- TailoringPakistanNasreen Akhter is a happily married lady who lives in Sialkot, Pakistan with her husband and two children. She is 48 years old and a tailor by profession.
She ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Jen Appreneur, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,069 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.