Juan needs a loan to fix the walls of...Read their story >
Join Jenn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaJuan is a teacher. Juan is married, and his wife makes blankets to make money. Juan and his wife live at their own house.
Juan needs a loan to fix the walls of...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- RetailPakistanShaheen is a hard-working married woman, shown in the photo with her husband. She has been successfully running a business selling pillows and bedspreads for many years. Sh...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- FarmingTajikistanAziza lives in the city of Tursun-zoda. She is the mother of two children. Aziza's husband works in the Russian Federation. He sends them money. Aziza works two jobs. The f...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- LivestockColombiaJosé is a person who is separated, 29 years old, and the father of one little 6-year-old girl, who finds himself requesting a loan to purchase pigs and feed for fattening, ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Animal SalesEcuadorJorge is 26 years old and married. He lives in Guaranda.
He makes a living farming corn, beans, and potatoes. He also has animals such as sheep, cows, and chicke...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,026 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.