Join Jenn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreRwandaProvidence is 51 years old and is married, with children. Due to her experience and background, Providence was nominated as the group leader for Abadahemuka-Nyagisozi. In t...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- AgricultureColombiaJaime is a 46-year old farmer who, since he was young, learned all the field jobs from his father. Thanks to that, he now owns vegetable crops whose harvests are collected ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StoreEl SalvadorBrenda is a 20-year-old young woman. Up to this point she has studied 2 years of nursing. She is single and does not have children. She lives only with her maternal grandmo...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Cosmetics SalesBoliviaThe Impulsoras Minaza communal association is in its third cycle with Pro Mujer, and is part of the 3 de Mayo center. It is made up of ten members, and is led by a board o...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
- General StorePhilippinesRose Carren is 35 years old and married.
She has a general store in the Philippines and requested an 18,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy more stocks of groceries...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,258 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.