Join Jenn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ShoesPhilippinesLolita is 47 years old, married with one child. She lives in Laperian, Tukuran, Zamboanga Del Sur. She owns and operates a business buying and selling used shoes in the loc...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAgripina, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 13 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 201...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaHussaini, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Makama village. Hussaini is a meticulous farmer who has invested time an...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesChristina is 44 years old and married with eleven children. With three children currently in school, Christina works very hard to provide for them. Christina runs a genera...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaColeta is a 48-year-old proud mother of five children. She is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing her group of 12 farmers in Teso...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,519 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.