Join Jenn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTajikistanGulbahor is a hardworking woman. She is 61 years old. She was born into the family of a farmer. Her parents were engaged in farming. That's why from childhood, she helped h...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- LivestockKyrgyzstanBaktygul has successfully repaid her loan, having used the funds for their intended purpose. She is grateful to Kiva and all those who funded her loan. Through her hard wor...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- AgricultureTajikistanMost people in Jomi make a living from agriculture. Abdurahmon is no exception. Horticulture is his only source of income. He loves working the land and has over 10 years o...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Fruits & VegetablesArmeniaMeet Armenak, a 54-year-old retailer from Gyumri town. Armenak sell fruits and vegetables at his stall which is situated in the central market. Armenak buys fruits and vege...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoThe borrower is a young man who is a father. He and his wife are expecting their third child. At the moment, he does not have sufficient resources to pay for the delivery...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,699 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.