Join Jenifer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaAbdulrauf, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is a married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Maigana Kinkiba village. Abdulrauf is a meticulous farmer who has inv...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueChifambi is the married father of three children, two of whom attend school. The third is not yet of school age. He lives with three more brothers. He is a professional dri...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanBaby is a 41-year-old married woman, the mother of two children, and lives with her family members. She is standing with her husband in Lahore, Pakistan, but she is taking ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaHaruna, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in K/Maude village. Haruna is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and r...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaHalina is 38 years old. She is an independent businesswoman from the capital of Atlántico. She is married and she is the mother of a 19 year old young woman. Her business i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jenifer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,867 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.