Join Jeffrey on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingColombiaOscar is 51 years old and studied through the third grade of high school. He is married and has 4 children, of which two are still minors. Since he was a boy, he has wo...Read their story >Funding via Asociación ONG Avansar
- FoodPhilippinesFor two years, Sharon has earned an income by selling food to the community of San Dionisio, Iloilo. She and her family lived a simple life in that town. She is 33 years ol...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Grocery StoreBoliviaGuillermo is a mason. He pays rent and he is living with his mother. Guillermo is taking care of his mother because she is not working right now.
Guillermo need...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- AgricultureTajikistanRajabgul is a young woman at the age of 29. She is very active, responsible and hardworking. She lives in Bohtar district, where most of the population are engaged in agric...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- FarmingSamoaElenoa is 43 years old, unmarried, and the mother of five children. She has a small plantation where she grows taro and bananas that she sells in her community or at the ma...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,611 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.