Mylinda is in the agricultural business, pig fatt...Read their story >
Join Jeffrey on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesMylinda is 39 years old and has four children. She is married and has two children who are currently in school.
Mylinda is in the agricultural business, pig fatt...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- CattleEl SalvadorLuis studied until high school and did not continue due to a lack of money. He has a companion and they have one three-month-old son. Luis has been working for 10 years in ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StoreKenyaThis is Kambuni who is 27 years old. She is married with one son aged eight years. She also supports her mum.
She operates a retail shop where she sells maize f...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FoodPhilippinesRosita is a widowed woman with ten children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Rosita is 54 years old and has five children who are still in school.
Rosit...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesZimbabweMary has taken out a loan of $400 to restock her business with clothing and shoes from South Africa and Zambia. This will enable her to fully utilize her operating space. S...Read their story >Funding via Thrive Microfinance
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,563 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.