Join Jeffrey on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaAlika is a maize farmer from Makwaron village. Alika is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Al...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineOmar is 23 years old and from Jabalia City, in the Gaza Strip. He is a single man living with his parents. He is trying to provide for them all the things they need. He wor...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- ServicesColombiaDeivis is a 36 year old micro-entrepreneur from the municipality of Soledad who following family tradition has an optical shop. His grandfather was a pioneer in the busines...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingPeruFrancisco is 30 years old and in a common-law relationship. He lives with his wife and two children in the District of Colasay in Jaén Province, Department of Cajamarca, P...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- TaxiKosovoAlije is a 50-year-old mother of five children and comes from a minority community. She is a hardworking mother who takes care of her children at home and tries to provide ...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,660 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.