Join Jeffrey on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesKenyaMariam is a single mother of four children, all of whom attend school. She lives at a rental house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses a...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- ConstructionColombiaAt 44 years old, Wilmar has a lot of energy and drive to work in his construction business.
He lives in a humble house with his life partner and 2 children to wh...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoSince Antonio and his wife got married, they have lived with Antonio's sister and mother-in-law. Antonio says, "We don't want to be living in overcrowded houses anymore, we...Read their story >Funding via Habitat for Humanity Mexico
- FarmingEl SalvadorFidel has decided to request a new loan. He works growing staple grains, mostly cultivating corn. He is preparing for the sowing season. To do this, he needs to invest his ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- FarmingEl SalvadorGerman is 34 years old and with hard work he managed to graduate as a Bachelor of Education Science. He is single and has no children. German, as well as practising his pro...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,141 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.