Join Jeffrey on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is David, who, as a group leader, is representing his group formed of 13 farmers in Sirisia District, Kenya. He is married and is a father to 2 children, kno...Read their story >
- Higher education costsArmeniaMeet Edward! He is a talented and smart boy, from Vanadzor town. Edward lives there with his parents. His mother is a farmer, and she grows and sells potatoes. His father i...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaFelix is a happily married father of three children. His wife is a P1 teacher by profession, and they support one another. Felix has been a dairy cow farmer for a long time...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe "Violetas" communal bank will start its eighth cycle of loans with Pro Mujer as part of the "Los Andes" regional hub. It is made up of eight members and is led by a boa...Read their story >
- Timber SalesColombiaJuan is just 20 years old and lives in the municipality of El Carmen de Viboral. He’s a hardworking young man who last year started working cutting and selling wood. He did...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,929 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.