Tự lives in Thieu Ho...Read their story >
Join Jeffrey on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodVietnamMrs Tự is 50 years old and she is married with three children. She has operated a food stall/restaurant selling meat for more than 10 years.
Tự lives in Thieu Ho...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- Butcher ShopKenyaMlanda is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her main monthly expense ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- CattleEl SalvadorJosé is 61 years old. He is married and has 2 children. His life partner works taking care of the home and selling clothes. José works growing basic grains and raising c...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorEnma, 53 years old, did not have the opportunity to go to school. Unfortunately, her husband died and she lives alone with her 4 children.
Enma, earns a living ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesKenyaMwanasiti is a married with two school going children. They live at their own house that has electricity but not piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are food and sch...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
Kiva lenders, like Jeffrey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,018 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.