Join Jane on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesSeverina is engaged in a hog-raising business. At her age of 64, she is still eagerly managing her piggery. According to her, she can sustain her hogs' feed through income ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMelinda is age 49, married to a motorcycle driver and they're blessed with one child. She wanted to avail a loan amounting to PHP 21,000 to pay for the repairs and improvem...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesIvin is 48 years old, married and has six children. Only two of her children live with her while the rest live on their own. She is a vegetable vendor. She is asking for th...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesVirgilia comes from Malaubang, Ozamiz City in the province of Misamis Occidental, she's a married woman with 3 children. Her husband is connected in a Local Government Unit...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesRemedios is 55 years old and lives in Plaridel, Misamis Occidental. She is widowed with four children who are now adults. Remedios has been engaged in the hog fattening bus...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jane, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,152 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.