Join Jan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMichael, featured in the above picture, is representing his group formed by eight farmers in Kimilili District, Kenya. He is 49 years old and a married father of five chil...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaWith the “Microcredit Plus” program of Friendship Bridge (loans + education), Glenda & 7 Kaqchikel ladies who live in Chimaltenango have access to loans and educational tr...Read their story >
- AgricultureCosta RicaAlfredo, 62, is married. He is applying for a loan that he will use to buy tomato plants and supplies for his farming business. He also wants to carry out related work to...Read their story >
- Animal SalesPakistanIt was hard for Saiqa to manage her household expenses with the small income of her husband. Saiqa is a 34-year-old married woman. She is a mother of three children. She is...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaBetty, 59, lives with her life partner and is the mother of seven adult children. She is a homemaker who recognized a business opportunity in her town known as El Guamo, a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,602 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.