Join Dave Crenshaw on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaShafiu, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest cement house with his family in Yammawa village. Shafiu is a meticulous farmer who has invested time an...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonJean René is a 38 year old married man and the father of four children, ranging in age between 4 and 20 years old. He lives in a nearby village with his family. Jean Ren...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMicheal is 61 years old and has six children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 11 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Micheal has bee...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaBenta is 37 years old, married to a man called Mark and they are blessed with children who are schooling. She is a grocery seller who gets her produce from the market early...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMonica, 34, is a smallholder woman farmer full of dreams and aspirations for her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Bomet in the Rift Valley region ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dave Crenshaw, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.