Join Ingrid on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaTep’s group live in a rural village in the Preah Vihear Province in Cambodia. Tep makes a living cultivating rice to support his family. In their village, there is no relia...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaGet to know Judy, a small holder farmer who resides in a remote village in Siongiroi. She is 29 years of age and married to her handsome husband who helps her in her farmin...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanNozigul carries on her mother's craft. She is 41 years old. She has been engaged in sewing traditional dresses for 5 years. Nozigul takes orders at home in the Faizobod Dis...Read their story >
- Used ClothingKenyaPurity is a married mother with one child who attends school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity and piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food.
<...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesOfelia is 52 years old and has four children. She is married and two of her children are still in school. Ofelia is in the agricultural business of pig fattening in the Phi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ingrid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,552 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.