Join Ingrid on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockTajikistanDilorom is a hardworking, cheerful woman. She is 34 years old, married, has two children, and lives in the countryside. She received a higher education and works as a teach...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesVietnamMrs Hà is 59 years old, and she is married and has one child. Her circumstances are very difficult, as her husband passed away a long time ago. She has had to work hard, to...Read their story >
- AgricultureNicaraguaWilliam is 46 years old and works as a farmer. He grows corn, wheat and beans on his land. He lives with his wife and four children.
William is very grateful to...Read their story >
- LivestockPhilippinesBrigida is 46 years old and has four children. Brigida is married and has one child who is still in school.
Brigida is in the agricultural business of raising li...Read their story >
- FarmingGhanaSeidu is the one on the left side of the picture wearing an orange shirt. Seidu used his previous loan to buy locally produced fruit juice, bottled, and sachet water for re...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ingrid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,041 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.