Join Ingebjørg & Josefina on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesTajikistanShoira is very pleased with Kiva lenders for their support. She took advantage of the loan and was pleased with the result of her work. Now Shoira wants to purchase new sea...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePakistanMaqsood is a 40-year-old married woman, living with her spouse and four children in the area of Muzaffargarh, Pakistan. Her husband is responsible for fulfilling the needs ...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanRuzimo is a woman of 53 years. She is married and the mother of four children. She grew up in a village and since childhood, she has worked in the field, looking after catt...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonAlphonse is 46 years old, married, and the father of eight children. He owns a 20-year-old cocoa plantation in a village nearby and he is taking a loan to buy crop protect...Read their story >
- Food StallKenyaChristine is a Kiva borrower. She has seven children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a food stall where she cooks food to sell. She has been involved in t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ingebjørg & Josefina, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,530 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.