Join Ilyaz on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ArtsPalestineDawlat, who appears in the photo, is a 28-year-old single woman from a village of Ramallah. She has the creative talent of making women's accessories and has three years of...Read their story >
- LivestockVietnamChẻn is an ethnic minority living in Nhu Thanh district, a mountainous region of Thanh Hoa province, which is very far from the center. She has no opportunity to access loa...Read their story >
- General StoreColombiaLeidy, age 34, is a micro-entrepreneur who lives with her spouse and two daughters ages 11 and 7 in Facatativa.
Two years ago she started her business selling ta...Read their story >
- TailoringTajikistanMohbibi lives in the city of Khuroson. She has four children. Her children already grew up. Her husband is a pensioner.
She learned how to cut and sew women's ...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)Kyaw, Boke, Ye, Khin and Khine are loan customers from Tu Myaung - 1 (Gyo) (F) village group. They are from Tu Myaung, a village located in Pyapon, a township in the Delta ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ilyaz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,263 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.