Join ian on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringKenyaEverline is 45 years old; she is married with three children. She has had a tailoring business for 11 years, making school uniforms and ladies clothes earning KES. 32,000. ...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliBintou Geremi, holding the sheep in the photo, is a 45-year-old woman living in Mali. Very respected in her area, she lives with her farmer husband and their five children ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesUgandaAmos is a father of four and has been dealing in agriculture, mainly maize, and a banana business for six years now.
He would like to buy more bananas for sale....Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorRosa has a fourth grade education, is married, and has three children, of which two are in school. For the past 8 years, Rosa has worked selling snacks as a means to help h...Read their story >
- Food MarketTogoFidele is a married woman, aged 51, residing in Tamagni with two children to support. A vendor of salt, she gets her supplies from the big market. She is applying for this ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,876 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.