Join Huan-Hua on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorMaura studied until third grade of basic school. She is a single mother and has one daughter who lives with her while her other children live on their own. She also lives w...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- LivestockArmeniaGet to know Armen! Armen is an agronomist who was born and raised in the farm. Armen now lives with his widowed father and takes care of him.
Armen inherited th...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Personal Products SalesEl SalvadorThe young woman whose face is pixelated is 27 years old and lives in a high-risk area. She has been selling personal use products for three years. Her business is located...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- ClothingHondurasLa Señora Gloria is 50 years old. She is married and has a son who depends on her. She has her own house. She is an elementary school teacher, and she has worked for man...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- Higher education costsPalestineFatmeh, who appears in the photo, is 23 years old and is from Jabalia city in Gaza Strip. She is studying Arabic at the local university. Her father works as a construction...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Huan-Hua, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,318 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.