Join Johnny C on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureCameroonCelestin is 38 years old, married and has six children aged between nine and 12. He has had a cocoa farm in a local village for 25 years, which he inherited from his parent...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanMuhayo is a young, happy woman of the age of 36 years. She lives in a rural area. She is married and has three children. Muhayo works with livestock breeding. Step by step ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaEdson is a salary earner but very innovative. He joined the business 10 years back. He owns a retail shop that is attended to by his wife and he also does crop production, ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreTajikistanIlhomjon is 25 years old. He is a hardworking man with a great desire to get ahead. He is unmarried.
Ilhomjon sells a variety of grocery products. He acquires h...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA resident of Kratie province, Sat is 24 years old and married with one school child.
For several years she has been a farmer who grows cashew and cassava to su...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Johnny C, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,531 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.