Join Hannes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home EnergyPalestineRami is a 27-year-old married man from Jabalia City in the Gaza Strip. He is employed as a construction worker and earns a low income. His income is barely enough to cove...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Personal Housing ExpensesHondurasArlinton lives in the city of Las Vegas, Santa Bárbara. His source of income comes from his business, which is a mototaxi service. The route that he covers is Las Vegas to ...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- FarmingKenyaJanerose is a 50-year-old proud mother of five children. She is a group leader, and is often described as a very trustworthy person. She is representing her group of 13 far...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorSantos is a man who only studied through first grade. He is married and his wife performs the household duties. He is the father of two children who work with him.
Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis 35 years old woman is called Sabohat. She is the mother of two children and a loving wife. Sabohat is a resident of the city of Vahdat.
Sabohat does not ha...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Hannes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,628 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.