Join Hannes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaHon, 50, is married and has three children. She resides in the Takeo province of Cambodia. She and her husband are farmers and have been working together on their rice farm...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- Food StallSamoaLolofi is a 34-year-old unmarried woman with 2 children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has 4 years of experience with this business.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanDilrabo lives in the city of Dushanbe. She is 35 years old and so far not married. Dilrabo's dream was to learn how to cut and sew women's clothing in order to launch a new...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMiralyn works hard to support six children. She is married and has a pig fattening business in the Philippines.
Miralyn requested a PHP 6,000 loan through NWTF t...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- FoodRwandaMediatrice is a 43-year-old married mother of five children. She is the leader of the Dufatanye Ngondore Group, a group composed of 12 members. In the photo, she is the wom...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
Kiva lenders, like Hannes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,163 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.