Join Hannes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonPakistanMukhtiara Bb is the age of 57, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan and she is standing with her son. She is the mother of six children. She owns a beauty parlor; she is ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Janet, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by eight farmers in Matete District, Kenya. Janet is known by her community as a very trus...Read their story >
- RetailUgandaTereza whose hand is raised up in a group photograph is a widow aged fifty two with children living in Masindi, Uganda.
She is a hard working woman who has a re...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanKhamida is a 42-year-old resident of the Spitamen district. She is married to a farmer and they have two children. Khamida is happy in her marriage, since she has a caring ...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaSimon is 43 years old, happily married and blessed with 3 children aged 15, 11 and 3 years old.
He has been a motorbike transporter for the last 8 years and he likes...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Hannes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,781 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.