Join David Haberthür on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaMariam is a lady who is happily married to a driver. They are blessed with four children who are in school and they support one another to meet the needs of the family. Mar...Read their story >
- General StoreMozambiqueRui is 33 years old. He is a security guard and a merchant. He is married and a homeowner with 3 children, ages 10, 6 and 2. The first two attend 5th and 1st grade.
He...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSalome always says that, "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work." This is the reason why she has been farming so hard ...Read their story >
- FishingCambodiaKunthea, a married mother of five children, three of whom are in school, is 37 years old. She is living in Kampong Thom province. Growing rice and catching fish have been t...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorCesar went to school through grade 9. He lives with his life companion and she works at the domestic chores, and also sells dairy products.
Cesar work...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like David Haberthür, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.