Join David Haberthür on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodHondurasCelestino, 67, is a responsible man who is dedicated to his work. He lives with his wife in Aldea Las Balitas Nacaome in the department of Valle. For 28 years he has bee...Read their story >
- AgriculturePeruThe members of this group belong to the “El Pacífico de San Salvador” communal bank.
Group member Simeona is 52 years old. She is in a live-in relationship and ...Read their story >
- BeveragesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Martha is a business woman and is the president of the UAMINIFU community bank, which is a client of Hekima. She is 41 years old, married, and the mother of four children w...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Presented in the picture (second from the right) is Hla, a 33-year-old woman who lives with her husband and their two sons, both of whom currently go to school.
Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanQurbonmoh lives and works in a rural area of Khurosan. She is 30 years old and married. At present, her husband is away from the family. He works as a migrant in Russia and...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like David Haberthür, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,506 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.